Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Whose Truth?

Daily Draw: Haindl Tarot ~ 8 of Swords

What is the truth and whose truth is it? With this 8 a bitterness, a poison, an internal wounding is setting in.

If blame is laid it needs to be at our own feet. It is so easy to believe what we want, to make invisible what we don't. To ignore what needs work, to claim what is easy.

"Hindsight is not necessarily the best guide to understanding what really happened. The past is often as distorted by hindsight as it is clarified by it." ~ Amos Elon 1926-2009   The Pity of It All


4 comments:

  1. You said it. Most people want to blame anybody they can for the things that don't go right in their lives, when all they really need to do is go look in the mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Playing the victim part is easy; the hero part not so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree there are multiple truths and my truth is no more true than anyone else's. So easy to forget I the heat of 'debate' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think only a robot could be objective enough to see the whole truth. Humans naturally filter everything through "me and mine," which automatically skews it.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn