Pages

Friday, August 19, 2016

Flounce From The Room

Daily Draw: Roots of Asia Tarot ~ 5 of Swords

Lack of faith in our self, oblivious to the truth, invested in illusions, inability or refusal to concentrate. Poor decision making = distress and failure.

I'm reminded by this card I was tripped up by the assumption mode this week.. First I was ticked, then sick to my stomach, then I realized the answer is the exact process I outlined as the probable steps in the beginning. But here I was, all sweaty and angry..because I'd made up my mind it was all easy. And it wasn't. I admit, I wanted to slam the phone down and flounce from the room. Hard to do on Live Chat...so I got over it and we parted as friends.

"Most of our assumptions outlive their uselessness." ~ Marshall McLuhan 1911-1980)

6 comments:

  1. And that is probable the wisest decision :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. truly deeply. I possibly might maybe been mad at myself? This was the task I set for myself 1st thing Monday morning. And started on Thursday. What a maroon.

      Delete
  2. Oh those 'super organised' people who get things 'done' ahead of time. I see it a lot at work a task is started and 'finished' in record time except it isn't finished because nothing meaningful has been accomplished in between start and stop. Last minute but properly done works for me nine times out of ten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "it isn't finished because nothing meaningful has been accomplished"

    great wordsmithing. I am an organized person but some of that discipline slides off the plate in retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the whole point. Go with it, be disorderly for a day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I got over it and we parted as friends" - now that was definitely your wiser self in charge. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn