Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Guardians

Daily Draw: Greenwood Tarot ~ Knight of Coins/Stones

In my long term efforts to reduce my footprint upon earth I've shucked a lot of stuff. Including the need for stuff. The last ten years I've also been shifting the stuff of inheritance to those I hope will also be guardians.

I'm reminded by this card of the square cake pans and pressed glass creamer of my fraternal grandmother's, all I have of dad's parents.
They had twelve children I think, plus fostered dozens of children. I've been baking cakes in those square pans for forty years, and believe me, they show Grandma Ruth baked in them for forty years before.
I'm mailing them to Texas next week, to live another life, with a cousin who was  practically lost from the family until recently. I hope she thinks they are a special as I do, but if not, I hope she can let them go if they are just the weight of stuff. I'm good either way. There are many ways to fulfill guardianship.

"Memory is the treasury and guardian of all things." Marcus Tullius Cicero 106 BC-43 BC

3 comments:

  1. Very nicely said. As those two canines which share similar genetics, our family members are the same yet different, but core values and mementos are treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm good either way What freedom this attitude must give you. No expectations just peace with whatever happens. Reading this, I still have a long way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just mailed off to a cousin a beautiful pitcher of my MIL's that originally had belonged to her MIL. It's nice not to feel the need to keep everything, especially if the thing is being adopted by someone else. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn