Pages

Monday, August 15, 2016

Hindsight Is 20/20

Daily Draw: Roots of Asia Tarot ~ 8 of Wands

Consciously choosing our path. Do we understand the reality of those decisions or are we focusing on hopes and plans that are illusory and slow to show progress?

As far as achieving success in the practical sense, one of the worst decisions I made was leasing a station as an independent contractor after beauty college rather than going to work as an employee for a national company, taking advantage of their advertising, on-going training opportunities, up to date techniques and products, and clientele building support. By the time I realized my mistake I was thousands of dollars invested in equipment and advertising and was loath to turn my back on my investment.

"Done bun can't be undone." ~ Stephen King 1947-  Insomnia

4 comments:

  1. Ah the confidence of youth - upside being gutsy and go-getting, downside massively overestimating what we can do alone. I made some dreadful mistakes that way. Becoming adult is learning from these experiences rather than being defeated by them. You've done it but some people never get up again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youth looks into the next year then makes a decision. Age looks into the next decade. :) I had no idea you had a cosmetology (?is that what it's called?) license!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I segued into senior care and home hospice respite because my feet couldn't take the hairdressing anymore. The former paid way more than the latter. Prior to moving up here and taking up hairdressing on a whim, I was accountant and secretary. And before that...scads of things. Plus I always seemed to have some kind of entrepreneurship going on on the side. Many talents few of real value.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn