Sunday, August 21, 2016

Mercator Projections

Daily Draw: Greenwood Tarot ~ 9 of Cups

Heart open to the giving and receiving of abundance. In many decks this includes awareness of the tendency to swagger, be over self-satisfied, and plain old, I'm better than you, my dad's bigger than yours, my marbles my rules.

My 8th grade class must have studied Mercator Projections when I died and then spent a month in hospital learning to live again.  How did I NOT KNOW you could fit America, China, and Asia into Africa with room left over. No wonder we are known as the big headed peoples.

I'm in Missoula Montana tonight, five hundred miles from my home, which is so influenced by the Ice Age floods originating from Missoula 12,000 years ago.

5 comments:

  1. Unlikely I'll ever own a greenwood deck 🙁 Looking forward to seeing it and your interpretations here 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Such a shame this deck is out of print!

      Delete
  2. Holy cow, what happened to you in 8th grade? You are a walking miracle...
    I guess you can't make something roundish into a rectangle (though I didn't know the term was a Mercator Projection). :)
    Travel safe and have fun on the road!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. late stage peritonitis, nuked my innards. That's why we don't have kids, which turned out to be a blessing every day.

      Delete
  3. What an intriguing card. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn