Thursday, August 18, 2016

It Isn't Enough To "Think"

Daily Draw: Roots of Asia Tarot ~ 2 of Swords

Four peacocks sitting on a head with a sword at its center balanced at the central pivot point of the second. And I'm not completely convinced that isn't a bear nose rather than human. Definitely not donkey or elephant. More right thinking required here, the question being when there is a choice to be made can we rely on our own brain and experiences to know right from "oh crap"?

I truly don't know. Because some decisions can not easily  be taken back. I'm confident in my decision...but then I see acres of other people thinking the opposite, just as confidently, and I question what am I missing? Then I relax, knowing there really is only one choice and ....is that top wing a combover?

"Each makes this cosmos and its construction the pivot of his emotional life, in order to find in this way peace and security which he can not find in the narrow whirlpool of personal experience." ~ Albert Einstein 1879-1955

9 comments:

  1. "yes, I believe it is a comb over." Thanks for the chuckle. Maybe its a weasel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. weasel. Oh you bad girl. Now I've got my magnifier out again.
      On first look all I could make out was the one sword. Slow thinker here. Possibly more I haven't seen correctly. "what we have here is a failure to communicate" Strother Martin, Cool Hand Luke

      Delete
  2. A wing comb-over... you do make me laugh woman. :) I try consider other views besides my own when making a decision, but ultimately it's down to my logic and gut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are two on each side. Many of the cards in this deck have numerous facets. Perhaps I am observing closer because I can no longer trust my eyesight. Perhaps just another path to right thinking? Are you yanking my chain about the teeth :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The comb-over guy on the right? Head like a sea lion ten times bigger than the other peacocks with two teeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enlarged the scan. then for the life of me I could only find three birds, all with beaks mind you. Now I see two more on the lower right, which I took to be an ebony kidney...but there Are two beaks in there, one upside down. Yes. I'll admit it..this card is a total reflection of the upcoming election. :)

      Delete
  5. I need to work harder on getting my mind right. But this is too much fun.Is that top bird actually a prenning parrot? Many birds can be identified by beak shape, that top one is stunted to be a parrot, but perhaps he pays to have someone hand feed him.
    and I only said peacock because inn the card size image the tails seem to sweep down both cheeks. Tommy Lee Jones MIB Just think what we'll know tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now it's bigger I see three birds the one at the top does look like a budgie or parrot. The one the left a magpie. Don't know what the one on the right is. Still can't see the other two. You're right it is a bit like an election or the referendum we just had

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah just spotted the other two what a brain tease.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn