Thursday, August 25, 2016

Jack Sprat And The Mrs.

Daily Draw: Greenwood Tarot ~ 6 of Wands

Abundance. We've been away four days.

Can anyone say zucchini? Today is errand day, how many places can I leave a cord of zucchini?  Rob is a dab hand at cooking it. I can eat a plateful every day. Abundance indeed...

"The trouble is, you cannot grow just one zucchini. Minutes after you plant a single seed, hundreds of zucchini will barge out of the ground and sprawl around the garden, menacing the other vegetables. At night, you will be able to hear the ground quake as more and more zucchinis erupt." ~ Dave Barry 1947

7 comments:

  1. I have major cravings for them. Don't feel right unless I eat them every day. Wonder what's in them? If Dave Barry is right I'm planting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they were touted as aphrodisiac...how can me make that go viral? Billionaire, here I come

      Delete
    2. Medieval medicine has a solution but too rude to mention here. Quick search reveals Courgettes as we call them contain potassium and antioxidants which have many health benefits. That worth a go if you have a big crop?

      Delete
    3. I did try Marrow Wine, when suggested by a Welsh friend. Should have taken pictures of the time line. Suffice it to say, I was never desperate to taste it.

      Delete
  2. Best zucchini I ever ate was some that was grilled... yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems it's a superfood https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/vegetable/health-benefits-of-zucchini.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love zucchini in various dishes. I might try growing them myself one day. Even I should be able to do so :D

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn