Monday, August 22, 2016

Solzhenitsyn and Knight

Daily Draw: Greenwood Tarot ~ 7 of Coins/Stones

We were on the road at 4:30 AM yesterday, put 538 miles of beautiful America under our wheels and were tired when we got here. First time this has ever happened, I literally did not sleep a wink. So of course I thought this draw was all about me...

I'm reminded by this Healing card, of books I've recently read. Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn and Finding Me by Michelle Knight, both prisoners in very divergent ways and places. I doubt either one of them were ever allowed a peaceful sleep or a good meal or a day free of pain. Who was I to be cranky as I drank my fresh brewed coffee and ate my fresh muffin, and walked my doggies in the gorgeous morning...I wish the hope of Healing to all unjustly imprisoned and tortured, the world is full of their tears.

"After years of being in prison a crazy thing starts to happen: the locks move from off of your wrists and your ankles and up to your brain." ~ Michelle Knight 1981-  Finding Me: A Decade of Darkness, a Life Reclaimed: A Memoir of the Cleveland Kidnappings

9 comments:

  1. I don't think I could make it through that book! But... it does make you step back and realize how good things are even on a "bad" day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny I had a similar thoughts yesterday when I felt very tired. Who was I to complain Since I am in the luxury of have a place and the time to rest. Such an awareness puts everything in a whole different perspective

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be kinder to myself, which doesn't often happen, I do think there is some healing to be had in just admitting we have a problem before we kick it to the curb. good and bad don't add to or detract from anyone else, we are mostly just humans trying to get along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes truly perspective giving.

    Post a picture of doggies on tour? Go on, go on go on 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://kalamaquilts.blogspot.com/2009/01/yogus-interruptus.html

      Delete
    2. 'We do yoga too' very funny :D My two are instinctive yoga practitioners but have never took over my mat.

      Delete
  5. That card looks like the landscape of some of my dreams.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn