Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Nipping At The Bud

Daily Draw: Roots of Asia Tarot ~ Hermit

Klanpracher's Hermit recognizes and overcomes outer unworthy actions and attitudes, then goes  inward to build confidence and healthy habits that are a credit to our life.

I freely admit before knowing better, to nipping unhelpful habits in the bud by just stopping. It can be done, but with stunted results, the nipping leaves a void and something worse can come forward. Condensed version of tamping down my bossy:
What do you think you are doing?
Stop, that is wrong.
Wait, we need to rethink.
If I were doing it I'd...
Will you try...
Good job, well done.
Amazing it has taken thirty years to arrive at well done. Sometime I feel my head getting bigger like a red balloon with bossy trying to get out. Detach from the outcome and well done works just as well as a sharp pin.

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." ~  Kurt Vonnegut 1922-2007

6 comments:

  1. I too can go through that internal diatribe. I guess that is when we need to call in the Hermit to help us quiet the mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You see this swapping out of habits (and addictions) in a lot of support groups. Doing the work without attaching your hope to a certain result is a lifelong learning curve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I often do after I've harked up my morning hairball (what, me bossy??) I realized I asked (told) Bev to start a blog because I admire how her thoughts often diverged from mine and I wanted to hear more.
    Laylah, whose blog is coming soon, oh dear, all my bossy fault, I'm honestly blushing at all the wordy suggestions I've shouted across the pond..but she is so well educated and in her blog posts to come I expect to learn a dozen new things a day...speaking of farting around, I see more gentle persuasion (bossing) is in order.
    Carolyn, who came to my blog while recovering from horrific injuries via tornado,..well what can I say. When I sense a brain wide open to bossing (saying well done)
    Err...must re read today's post....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me laugh after a sh1tty day. You should have been/are a teacher. There is a form of words. I thank everyone (like Gyneth Paltrow at the oscars that time) but all mistakes nonsense and rubbish entirely my own work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. akk, sorry compromise didn't work. another day another dollar. or less.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sitting next to Laylah laughing until my cheeks hurt... :D I'm glad you "bossed" me into blogging. It helps me open my eyes wide before I begin my day; I've learned a lot about myself.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn