Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Primitive

Daily Draw: Greenwood Tarot ~ 8 of Swords

I'm a complicated dreamer, last night it was about being a part of a small new settlement, full of conflicts. The rabbits wouldn't reproduce, and I couldn't get help holding raw planks against the curve of a boat project.

I'm reminded by this card of the PBS program Frontier House and how the families ultimately did and did not choose to prepare for the long winter and how cooperation was pretty much kicked to the curb. Different mindset though, they had come from modern times, electricity, automobiles, and well stocked grocery stores.  And I'm still worrying about rabbits that won't reproduce...

"We have planned breeding of our domesticated plants and animals, but we have been rabbit-like in our unplanned breeding of ourselves." ~ Arnold Toynbee 1889-1975

3 comments:

  1. Funny I've had a rabbity day too. Still work stuff to do now but there'll be a rabbit theme post on my blog later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card to express "get it in gear before you get run over." I wonder what sort of deck Potter might produce if she was still in the game.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn