Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Proof Of Life

Daily Draw: Roots of Asia ~ Ace of Cups

The breadth and depth of emotions. Is there anything in our lives that doesn't trigger emotion?
Red cover on the mouse. Like. Reminds me of a red blouse I had when I was in one of my thinner modes.
Blue blinking light on the printer. Mild irritation. Reminds me of being hurried.
Big coffee cup. Appreciation for it's beauty, sorrow the shop it came from burnt to the ground.
Wrist gleamers gleaming as I type. Joy in the beauty of man and nature to combine their works. Deep sorrow, each were purchased as turn-around tools to pull back from the abyss.
Lime paint in this room. Laughter, because it is meant to kick (Y) into work mode, not succor serenity.

Go ahead Ace. Make my day. Emotion is proof of life.

"It is the mind which creates the world around us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours, my heart will never stir to the emotions with which yours is touched." ~ George Gissing 1857-1903

6 comments:

  1. Oh my, your Ace of Cups is a swirl of emotions. Go take a shower and wash those linger bits of sadness down the drain. Its raining here so then I would just go stand in the rain. Don't forget a towel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I notice that the older I get the more I have those associative memories. Stories come bubbling up out of nowhere, triggered by often very insignificant occurrences. :)
    Love that Ace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes colours do affect emotions. Highly colour sensitive myself so spend 90% of waking hours in the kitchen which is lime white. I tried painting the rest of the house the same but the light made the colour look different πŸ™ˆ Could you surround yourself with your happy making colours today? Sending you some red things hopefully they upload ok πŸžπŸ¦€πŸ™πŸ„πŸŒΉπŸ’πŸŒΆπŸ“πŸš—πŸ…

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emotions are proof of life - yes indeed. Not always pleasant, but they do remind us we're alive. Hope the road trip is a fun adventure!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn