Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Realistic Right Mindedness

Daily Draw: Roots of Asia Tarot ~ 6 of Swords

There is the boat but what a tempestuous ride is offered. We need earnestly to recognize all swords can be lost.

I'm reminded by this card, this deck is about right mindedness in all situations. I wonder if maintaining that mindset is credible for living in the real world rather than the monastic life. Clear insight and understanding will promote better personal decisions but we will always be cheek and jowl with those who have an aggressive stubborn opposite mindset. The art of self control and compromise are key tools to cultivate and in no way equals surrender.

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." ~ Michel de Montaigne 1533-1592

7 comments:

  1. Maybe it is better to lose your Swords once in a while than to carry them with you where ever you go like in The Six of Swords from the Rider Waite Tarot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. most of us have crashed and burned once or twice on our way to something we perceive as better. I've never thought about that in relation to the 6 of swords before. Most are in utterly calm water.

      Delete
  2. I think part of the Right Mind includes seeing reality as it is, without our illusions and delusions. Which might necessitate losing some of those swords. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Compromise not surrender. I have an important meeting tomorrow and that will be my mantra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Compromise. Before the initial outline?? Pull yourself together woman!

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn