Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Small World

Daily Draw: Roots of Asia Tarot ~ 7 of Wands

Equanimity. Calm and composed in all situations. Would that we could. Because the grass is always greener on the other side. We have the tiger, too heavily invested to leave. The peacock walks both sides. The frogs and geckos have made a game of it. The big fish in the little pond thinks the pond is limitless.

I'm reminded by this card and life, and world events, there is only one pond, size is immaterial.

"It is foolish to guard against misfortunes from the external world and leave the inner mind uncontrolled." ~ Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta 563-483 B.C.

5 comments:

  1. I started to write a comment and it disappeared from my screen. It started with the imagery of this multi-faceted card. So many layers. Thank you for sharing. I really like this deck your using and your wizened interpretations. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what a pond it would be if everybody would stop shouting "this is my pond!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. The frogs and geckos have it right :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect all is well and good until they petition for a special bathroom sign for their kind. We're ALL the same kind

      Delete
  4. If only we could realize that we are in one pond, and "mine" and "yours" just pushes equanimity further away.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn