Pages

Monday, August 1, 2016

Tower of Function

Daily Draw: Tarot of the Sephiroth ~ Tower

Two days of the hurry card and here I am at the Tower. Who wants to hurry here? Because this is the card of form adapting to function.

I'm reminded by this card of my current adaption. We have a nice entry. Walk in turn right, start upstairs. We took the first half of the stair rail out shortly after we moved in. Ugly, and it was always in the way. Because my depth perception is off now, I need to put a rail back up. Adapt to function I will. A small tower is preferable to a big tower...

"It is the function of creative man to perceive and to connect the seemingly unconnected." ~ William Plomer  1903-1973

4 comments:

  1. Now that is a Tower. I wouldn't fall from that tower, too many steps u;, I would never make it to the top. I recently added a ramp up to front door. Somedays my depth perception is way out of kilter and the steps are too much. Glad your handrail is going back up, better safe than sorry. Have a delightful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. We put in a ramp when we had some work done on the house about 10 years ago. It has been a boon So many times since then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flexibility and adaptation keep us from hiding in those towering fortresses. Good on you for having common sense!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adapt and function - such a positive outlook that we could all benefit from. Onwards and upwards!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn