Thursday, August 4, 2016

Whisper Of Malignancy

Daily Draw: Tarot of the Sephiroth ~ 7 of Coins/Disks

In the Thoth system, this seven basically mean all is lost.
In the RWS system, this seven is well ordered harvest via structured development.

I'm reminded by this card of our veg gardens here. In twenty+ years we've never had a good hearty crop. The potatoes and tomatoes often blight, the corn gets blown over, the lettuces are tough, the beans are a funny shape. We are born and raised gardeners, we've amended the soil all those years. Our new potatoes look great this year, but they don't keep. It is a puzzle. I'm tempted to say the former owners left a malignancy but this RWS 7 in a Thoth deck doesn't seem to agree.

A malignancy converts all it takes into its own nourishment." ~ Joseph Addison 1672-1719

4 comments:

  1. Reminds me of another saying from childhood...'Money doesn't grow on trees. If only

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, but I bet your flower gardens have been beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Whisper of malignancy' that sent a shiver down my spine. Sounds like the title of a book - works well with the topic I've been writing on today. Why didn't I think of that!

    Veg doesn't do too well in my garden but I do ok with potted herbs. The malignancy won't be anything supernatural - in this area more like an old burnt mattress :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The borders and crop flowers Have all be beautiful. Didn't think about that till we were well away hunting the incognito fish.

    Carolyn, my dad's saying is 'his boat hasn't come in' :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn