Pages

Friday, September 30, 2016

A Fainter

Daily Draw: LLewellyn Tarot ~ 10 of Cups

If you've listened to the Chet and Bernie mysteries, you will know what it sounds like when I say, "am I lucky or what".
I've been booking through Expedia this trip, normally we wing it. But we've heard enough people be told no rooms left when we finally get to the motels to wise up.

Yesterday in Paducah Kentucky was a fainter though. We could see by the map we were on the river front, on Front St.. Up and down we went, no Front St. I pulled up my confirmation in email, AKKK, I was booked some place on Front St. in Illinois! Turned out it was OK, Metropolis Illinois comes up in the Paducah search, it is on the other side of the river. Another twenty minutes drive we were there. The point of the story though is Rob didn't get mad. Not a bit. Am I lucky or what? (A fainter because the best rates are non-refundable)

"The growth of wisdom may be gauged exactly by the diminution of ill temper." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche 1844-1900.

4 comments:

  1. Dang, you do have a Ten of Cups kind of husband (of course I'm sure you have qualities that make him want to stick around :D).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's me, a veritable circus of things to laugh about!

      Delete
  2. Haha, 'disappearing roads' that sounds a lot like our road trips!

    A few years back we booked a last minute holiday in Cornwall. As we got caught up in sluggish traffic five miles outside St Ives I asked Keith what time we had to collect our keys to the cottage. Keith's hubristic response - 'that would be 6pm' Mine 'Do you know that for certain or just think it should be so?' ....We missed our cottage but a kind pub owner offered to put us up for the week before realising they had another booking and 'bumping' us in to the best 5* accommodation in the town. Flying. by. seat. of pants sometimes works.

    Sounds like you have a great husband.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn