Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Brain vs. Spine

Daily Draw: Shining Tribe Tarot ~ 7 of Wands/Trees

Our spine at work. It isn't just danger coming up over the edge, the twelve pound headball at the top is working toward our downfall too.

I'm reminded by this card and Pollack's version of a spine, looking down at a phone exerts thirty to sixty pounds of weight on our spine. Sixty pounds is roughly the weight of four adult-sized bowling balls. Or six plastic grocery bags worth of food. Or an 8-year-old. And people wonder why their back hurts.

"We have met the enemy and he is us." ~ Walt Kelly 1913-1973 Pogo


5 comments:

  1. That's totally you, to come up with something like this. Never realized this before :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With four screws in my neck to secure and stabilize the top two broken vertebrae I can no long lift to heavy of thing. I now stop at grocery store more often not to have to carry to much at one time. I can no longer weed a flower bed because the bending over to more than a few minutes hurts and the next day forget about it. But the worse is I have to limit my reading time, since looking down at book really puts a kink in the neck and spine. Time to go to audio books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. does this mean we can't run slow motion across a field to hug each other in a few weeks? I'd be really sad to find I'd knocked off your headball.
      I do my reading now propped up in bed with the ipad in a sort of braced up position. So it is more straight out from eye level. So many adaptions. I do love recorded books to, always have one playing when I'm in the quilt room. Right now I'm working my way through the Lord of the Rings, Pip and Merry just saved the world with the help of ents. Ents are my favorite creatures of all time.

      Delete
  3. Now I have a health and safety excuse for not looking at my phone ;D. I like those branch brains too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang, I had no idea. No wonder there are so many chiropractors now.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn