Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Eeek

Daily Draw: Llewellyn Tarot ~ 3 of Coins

Reputation for quality, considering options. Our 1986 World's Fair room was actually a poorly maintained rooming house in its real life. The boarders, with no where to go, hung around the front steps. $110.00 per night and lucky to get it. Bed and towels were clean. The second night it caught fire, we ended up out on the street at midnight and in the end had to go home  All in all more an adventure to reminisce over.

I'm reminded by this card of me. I like clean. Our prebooked room last night rates as a horror. We didn't stay, but are still shuddering. Dirty sheets, bloody mattress, sink didn't drain, stench, uncapped wall plugs, no towels, and that was the good parts.  Another adventure to reminisce over as we cross our beautiful country.

"Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected." ~ Steve Jobs 1955-2011

9 comments:

  1. I was going to ask about Idaho Falls Idaho but your post said it all. Passing through and then pass on it. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caper Wyoming tonight, lovely room, wonderful walking place for the doggies too. And we are going out to eat tonight, our first meal out since we left home. I aways asked Rob if we wanted picnic lunches and he never would. Until he had picnics everywhere he went in Australia. NOW its fun for him :) and he is all trained up for his return this year.

      Delete
  2. Omg, a fire?! A bloody mattress?! I'm beginning to think you should be an author or a writer for TV. You have some crazy adventures. :) What a great deck to use as autumn waltzes in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What horrid experiences both back then and now!
    when I see this card I imagine you quilting outside as a young woman :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is me on the river when Rob is fishing...I do it as an old woman too, but now I usually do it on my covered deck.

      Delete
  4. I see you got the 'you' card in this deck seems to have a day for finding ourselves in the cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me! It's me! Couldn't believe it second card day. I love this image. I should have put it up reversed, but all my needles would fall out of the sewing basket.

      Delete
  5. Yikes! Worse than budgie alerts and coathangers in the coat? Take care out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your username! Eluned is referring to The Grafton in London. The first night everything was deluxe. The second night they put my coat on with the hanger still in it. We decided we didn't tip enough the first night.

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn