Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Extreme Craze

Daily Draw: Runic Tarot ~ 12 of Coins/Lugnasadh

This deck is Extreme Craze (but isn't this a powerful card!). I have all the Smith/Astrop decks because I appreciate their differentness. On the other hand the Runic has no courts, twelve cards per renamed suit, reordered majors as runes, eight extra seasonal cards. Plus packaging that must take the prize as worst idea ever. Because it is sold as tarot, I reinvent the wheel each time I use it.

I'm reminded by this card to wonder, why? Because I can. Because I chose to bring order and searchability to my blog for my personal use. The deck that tipped me over? The Halloween with it's Imps, Bats, Ghosts, and Pumpkins in 2009. Extreme Craze.

"Rather than trying to reinvent the wheel, build on to that which is already excellent." ~ Auliq Ice 1994-

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes it is nice to be pushed out of the box by a deck :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely what this deck does for me. And it is always fun to work with runes, I hope some of those cards come up this week.

      Delete
  2. You search for "why" has brought me all kinds of insights and information. Is that supposed to be a salmon on the card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "a salmonlike fish leaps angrily past a dark cloud to the stars
      the last card of autumn and aligns with Pisces. Going to extreme ends to pursue an idea". Which is me working the cards so they work for me :) You now know as much as I do. This is extremely oracle, probably had something to do with the publisher, like Poppy Palin's deck.

      Delete
  3. A star eating fish with Paisley trimmings. Yes that is a striking card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking it would make a beautiful small quilt. all these cards would. Those days are behind me, alas

      Delete
    2. It would. Could you quilt a small square and frame it? I would love to see that.

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn