Wednesday, September 14, 2016

First, Do No Harm

Daily Draw: Shining Tribe Tarot ~ Page of Wands/Place of Stones

When we recognize the spiritual and the practical are the same thing, and can not be walked as separate paths.

I'm reminded by this card "do no harm" to ourselves and to others in all matters, rather than when it is convenient. A difficult point to navigate because it is far easier for me to see where you go wrong rather than were I go wrong. Finger pointing...way more fun. Way less honesty.

"Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage." Thucydides 460 BC-395 BC



5 comments:

  1. But you are generous in seeing/saying where people go right. Sometimes finger pointing to harm towards others is fair comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being judgemental is probably the biggest thing I struggle with on a daily basis. I hate it and fight it...and often lose.
    I never thought of the spiritual and practical being the same path, although it is perfectly obvious now I've recognized the truth of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judgemental or a good critical perspective? There's a difference :)

      Delete
  3. I believe that everything is spiritual when we approach it in a mindful way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh, finger pointing. I notice that many that wag their finger at me are usually the ones that live in much fear. If they can control others than it helps them sleep at night thinking they brought order to their chaos.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn