Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Generations

Daily Draw: Marziano Tarot ~ 10 of Doves/Wands/Sensuality

Family commitment through generations. I fall down in this department. Through releasing my mother's and both grandmother's stuff over the last five or six years I have made a decent connection with 3 cousins, one I've never met and one I haven't seen since we were teenagers and one I'm going to see today.

I'm reminded by this card, these days there are any number of ways to stay in touch with people the world over. And it doesn't have to mean forty-two guests for a holiday dinner.

"Without involvement, there is no commitment. Mark it down, asterisk it, circle it, underline it." ~ Stephen Covey

5 comments:

  1. Thank goodness it doesn't require a dinner. Though my side of the family still believe in that sort of thing. I wonder if it's the good food or the company that brings them all to the table... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or they think it is the proper civilized way to act...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to have annual meal out and bloody awkward it was too. Nice food shame about the company or was it the other way round? Either way your post reminds me such things are all very ordinary....

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn