Monday, September 19, 2016

Hug Bridge

Daily Draw: Runic Tarot ~ Mann/Mannaz

Who we are internally and externally in relationship to mankind. A big subject. We could start with race and dwell there a lifetime, never partaking of the cup of friendship across culture, our loss. We could start with faith, and spend a lifetime alienating/fighting/prothletising something that should be internal. We could start with gender and never get past agenda and suspicion.

I'm reminded by this card, in a small world that has always been safe I could say I have reached out on all planes. But it hardly counts because I've never been out in the large world. I would hope I would offer my hand, open my mind, and give and take a hug. Hugs bridge much.

"The human species is made up of seven billion subspecies each consisting of one specimen." ~ Robert Brault, author

6 comments:

  1. I think what we send out in our small world makes a huge difference in the big world so I guess you did well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. there are none of us that are all something. Continuing to work on balance makes me a better person. Pity I started so late.

      Delete
  2. I love that quote, and it is spot on. In business they used to say everybody is either an A or B type personality. Now they have what they call the D.I.S.K. profile. Me, I say its a bit hard to stuff everybody in a category. We each are unique.
    I have not pursued a course on Runes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Runes were my 2010 learn something new. I had a lot of fun with it and by the time 2011 rolled around I could read and write it with some semblance of cohesion. The next five years blew it all out of my brain, but I still love working with them like this.

      Delete
  3. As categories are being erected in one place somewhere else they are being broken down. Two opposing or balancing forces - putting order on things or complicating the immediate evidence of our senses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we could make everyone that did or said something unkind be required to engage in a one minute hug with the person they said it about. Like the jar you had to put a quarter in every time you cussed. :D

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn