Monday, September 12, 2016

Life Tour

Daily Draw: Shining Tribe Tarot ~ Temperance

Having lifted the Hanged Man and grown via Death, Temperance now emerges to create the balance and inner strength to survive the Tower to come and to disdain whatever the Devil will have on offer.

"I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate
A poet, a pawn and a king
I've been up and down and over and out
And I know one thing
Each time I find myself flat on my face
I pick myself up and get back in the race" ~ Frank Sinatra 1915-1998
lyrics by Vernon Duke, E.Y. Harburg

4 comments:

  1. I'll take a sip of that concoction, Ms. Temperance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of my favorite songs. Temperance will be a strong ally and help keep things in perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. too bad life is a loop rather than a path

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the narratives of perfect linear progress and the untrammelled upward trajectory are guff. Maybe life is a looping path? Opportunities missed come round again in slightly different form, mistakes are repeated although never quite in the same way and spiralling, circling we move forward somehow. I love that song :)

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn