Saturday, September 10, 2016

Love My Credit Union

Daily Draw: Marziano Tarot ~ 4 of Phoenixs/Coins/Riches

Saving, burying, investing, hoarding.

I'm reminded by this card of the days when banking cash gave a decent return of interest. Which they in turn loaned out for a higher rate of interest, so we both got paid. Banks are no longer intuitions, just one more grubby business, shiny on the outside, dirt on the inside.

"It is easier to rob by setting up a bank than by holding up a bank clerk." ~ Bertolt Brecht  1898-1956

5 comments:

  1. I love my credit union. I much prefer a more personal touch, plus I pay no fees unless I overdraw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe someday they might charge us money to have a savings account instead of paying interest. (which is here only about 0,4%)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it has already happening. https://www.bloomberg.com/quicktake/negative-interest-rates

      Delete
  3. I fully expect the day when my bank 'pays me' minus 1 per cent interest. I learned yesterday that the owner of my favourite fashion store was the richest man in the world yesterday. I've been joking to Keith for ages 'should buy shares in this place' But REALLY I should!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have several businesses I'd like to buy shares in, but they are still family held.

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn