Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Pinched

Daily Draw: Runic Tarot ~ Nyd/Nauthiz

Time of need, feeling the pinch.
I have  a friend on the other side of the country who is caring for a seriously ill husband. I'd give a lot if I could be there for her, to give her respite care she sorely needs.

I'm reminded by this card of the zero family support Rob got through all my dramas. All I had to do was do as I was told, be where I was told, he had to carry the whole load of caring on his own. Would it have hurt any of his family to call and ask how he was?

"What is drama but life with the dull bits cut out?" ~ Alfred Hitchcock 1899-1980


4 comments:

  1. People so often forget the caretakers. I took care of my parents for several years before they left planet. They didn't want anyone else, but thankfully my younger sister did give me a day off on Saturdays and sometimes Tuesday evenings so I could still be Carolyn for a few hours here and there. That's the way wind blows - similar to the breeze blowing through the rune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you please give your husband a belated hug and "thank you" from me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked after my mother and her serious mental health problems at 21.No support from her brothers ( all 20 years older than me, married, settled in work and owning property) just the occasional phone call to tell me I wasn't doing enough. In the end I had to leave or go down a black hole....Rob sounds like an absolute gem.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn