Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Pleasure Of Deowning

Daily Draw: Etruscan Tarot ~ 3 of Cups

Is it the natural progression of age to realize I have everything I need?
Is it depression or common sense to note in  some way to guide my death clean up crew between junk and family things?
Is it morbidity to keep sending family items to widespread cousins?

I'm reminded by these three cups it is just me being me. Raised by a mother who until late age didn't have much in her home that wasn't useful and used. Today I'll focus on the pleasure of what I love, rather than focus on deowning the rest.

"When you’re clear about your purpose and your priorities, you can painlessly discard whatever does not support this." ~ Victoria Moran 1950-  Lit From Within

9 comments:

  1. What gathers dust (is ignored) is what I can easily discard, knowing it provides no use or sentimental value.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rule in my house is pretty much if you touch it you have to dust it. If it is all dusty it implies simply a matt finish

      Delete
  2. I think it is all about common sense and personal preference. I wish I could declutter more rigorously but I always think I might regret it afterwards. Is that a sign of old age of depression???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the great depression of the 1930's I think? Both my parents and peers parents grew up during that time and "I'll need it one day" was the watchword. It came as a great surprise to me when FlyLady pointed out we probably never would. Of all the things I let go that first year, only two did I ever need. It was a great relief to let that mind set go.

      Delete
  3. I am in a deowning phase too and at 43 not planning on giving up the ghost just yet! I feel 'Stuff' detracts from the pleasurable things I have. Although we are showing signs of age in collecting rubber bands, string, torches, batteries, envelopes, toothbrushes, tinned meats and so forth. My granny did this but she was wartime generation...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rubber Bands!! I had to buy a small box a few months ago!! I set about 10 in the junk drawer and promptly lost the rest of the box. Since found, hiding on a shelf in plain sight.

      Delete
  4. I still have 4 days left of my time out with just brief scrambles online to keep up with banking and mail. I'll catch up with everyone's blogs at leisue then

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where does this urge to purge come from? I have those days as well. My family tree is not extensive enough to have shoots of cousins and such. I sent most of collectibles to my sibs with my parents passing. That leaves me with my stuff so when I get the urge, I box the stuff up and off to Goodwill I go.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn