Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Sanctimonious Old Iceberg

Daily Draw: Marziano Tarot ~ Ace of Cups/Turtledoves/Chastity

Chastity, Solitude, true to vows. Some days back I burnt up nearly all my remaining broadband time on vacation, thinking I had flipped to Wi-Fi. It was a fun and unusual day, swilling way beyond my normal daily maximum of two hours total tech.

I'm reminded by this card, I could have just bought another GB for $15.00 and got on as normal. I didn't because my limit is one way to make each day count, to use my allotment of life in ways which mean something to me, to look back each night and see what I've accomplished and think 'this was a good day'. It sounds pious and sanctimonious truly, but a vow is a vow. And I've broken my recent dirty little daily habit, how many lies did he tell today. Win win.

"A solemn, unsmiling, sanctimonious old iceberg who looked like he was waiting for a vacancy in the Trinity." ~ Mark Twain 1835-1910

3 comments:

  1. Sanctimonious old iceberg - oh to be able to write like that :)

    My wifi time helpfully managed with an eye roll from Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks to be a dove of peace sent to you so you are okay with not adhering to your time limit. You can't always color between the lines, even good girls break the rules sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love Mark Twain's wit. I recently got a smart phone and find myself constantly checking my messages and emails. It is an addiction! Thankfully I'm not on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn