Sunday, October 23, 2016

Good Heart Bad Heart

Daily Draw: Animals Divine Tarot ~ Justice

Self Justice in a nutshell comes down to decisions. Yes, we need to see the full circle of consequences, yes we need to weigh our heart as in good heart bad heart, and whether we want to or not our Justice will also contain some ingrown judgements and injustices.

I'm reminded by this card, and Maat, the ancient Egyptians had acres of gods and goddesses, pretty much one for every circumstance they might be involved in. And I doubt that made day to day life any easier or more pleasant than having one, always guiding via placing it's thumb on your scale. I trust our personal view of justice to be far more fair...

"Truth came home one day, naked and wounded, having been beaten and cursed by the people who did not wish to hear, while his brother Falsehood went dressed in the brightest garments and feasted with every household." ~ Kerry Greenwood 1954-   Out of the Black Land

10 comments:

  1. My view of justice began with my family telling me what was right and wrong. Later the hurts that naturally come with relationships were my teachers, as I figured out from personal experience what fairness feels and looks like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've often thought the citizens here will put up with much...if they see it as fair. Somewhere we've gotten way out of balance

      Delete
  2. Maybe having all those deities to please kept everyone out of trouble. How many superstitions do others still take in account while living their lives. Me, I always try to go out the same door I came in---who wants unwanted company?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH NO...same door rule. Thanks so much for adding one more gotta do to my list :) We all three went in and out of same doors when we were together, I'll call that good enough! Am enjoying the Blackberry jelly this week. Thanks again for coming to meet us.

      Delete
    2. My Mother had all kinds of superstitions. Ladders, kiss a fool, black cats, umbrellas, but the one that stuck is always go out the same door you came in, otherwise expect unexpected company. I guess with 7 kids and her and dad she didn't want to have to cook for anymore. You were so close I had to come meet you.

      Delete
  3. I always like to see Justice as unbiased and overly fair. I mean if a goddess can't give us that who can? Or maybe this is just me, still believing in fairy tales

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truth cursed and wounded versus falsehood in finery. I see this in university. Lecturers who tell falsehoods to make thing easy get higher student ratings than those who tell truth in all its complexity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything I know about Brit upper education I learned from Morse, Lewis, and Dorothy Sayers. Pitiful ain't I

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morse and Lewis a fair representation of Oxford I think. Lecturers there have more scope to make things complex as the degrees are worth so much more on the job market. Plus their inputs are different (students with highest grades/higher parental expectations) so less work needed for high outputs (good or excellent degrees) But most learners will prefer entertainment over education.

    I haven't read Dorothy Sayers - I'll take a look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite lines, whose truth eventually comes down to all of us was "they are brought up to think they are one in a million, and realize here, there are one of millions

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn