Sunday, October 16, 2016

Honeypot

Daily Draw: Animal Totem Tarot ~ Hanged Man

Honeypot ant. Yikes. Bigger isn't better. From the companion book, "a life of complete sacrifice, service, surrender".
Our current unemployment is 5%. Our current number of men between 18 and 34 unemployed is 16%

I'm reminded by this ant it isn't just the rich that aren't paying a fair share. Do I have a solution? Hell no. I just have a impotent hanged man feeling of being sucked dry.

"How little you know about the age you live in if you think that honey is sweeter than cash in hand." ~ Ovid  43 BC-17 AD

5 comments:

  1. Growing up in the 80s I fully absorbed the message the world does not owe you a living and I have never claimed welfare benefits. Idleness in close proximity frustrating but I have mellowed in my middle age. Not everyone had the privileges I had growing up (books in the house, discussion of ideas, emphasis on academic achievement, good food etc). Western economies currently functioning with (because of) structural unemployment a tragedy for all concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I feel often too when economics and politicus are considered

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that big ant based on a real one that size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there is a link in the first sentence

      Delete
    2. We have some awesomely strange animals on this planet. :)

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn