Thursday, October 6, 2016

Insuranced To Death

Daily Draw: Karma Cards ~ The Third House
The Foundation + Relationship to the world

Making the right connections: How about insurance? Our first agent was Mrs. Johnson. It was liking walking in and finding family behind the counter. Total connection. I rearended a car, drove to the office to turn myself in. She gave me a #10 hug and I never heard another word about it.

The idea in question: Second agent, when we moved states, the only thing I remember is her face and the question she asked when our roof blew off. "Did you call the contractor?". Huh? She could have offered a lot of good advice dealing with the massive amount of water in the house. Info tidbit? Five big dehydrators running all day will bring the house temperature up to 110 degrees by the time you get home from work.

Get the ideas going: I nosed around and went to the agent who handled the policies of the richest person I knew.  We love her. But I hope we never have to place a claim, ever again. Info tidbit. Our single largest combined expense each year? Insurance...

"Fun is like life insurance; the older you get, the more it costs." ~ Kin Hubbard  1868-1930

3 comments:

  1. Reading the insurance contract can make such a financial difference: last month I learned that we are full risk insured for breaking stuff. Not only other's even our own. I wish I knew this thirty years ago :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you broke things? :) Yes, homeowners insurance covers a lot more than than the home!

      Delete
  2. A good insurance agent who has the time to inform and educate is a treasure. What blew off your roof?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn