Sunday, October 9, 2016

It Is Mine

Daily Draw: Tarocco Piemontese ~ L'Imperatrice/Empress

Tarocco decks were meant for gaming, and the majors and courts are all shown half with half. We don't see what is going on with their feet, how their clothing is placed, how any symbolic items below the waist are arranged. What we can see is she is facing us straight on. Take me or leave me, period.

I'm reminded by this card how long we've labored to have the right to govern our own body.  When I hear 'advanced civilization' my mind goes to the female genital mutilation of young girls. The lifelong curse of fistula in young girls before their bodies have matured enough to give birth safely, the double standard... of all the other ways old men of power try to silence our cries, crush our spirit, render us malleable. Good luck with that.

"Enter on the way of training while the spirits in youth are still pliable." ~ Virgil 70 BC-19 BC

4 comments:

  1. Good luck indeed. After THAT recording in the news this weekend.

    I am really looking forward to your work with this deck this week. You've got me hooked on the historic ones - another for my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This deck was a gift! I'm looking forward to working with it this week. Check http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/marseilles.shtml
      for many other marseilles and tarocco decks.

      Delete
  2. I was just thinking about the same thing as Trivium. Good luck trying to put us back in that box without a fight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since this deck is based on gaming. I am thinking that this is a pair of queens split in the game of BlackJack. So I am going to double down and bet that eventually the world will wise up and the ways of the Divine Feminine will return.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn