Saturday, October 15, 2016

Lie

Daily Draw: Tarocco Piemontese Tarot ~ Justice/La Giustizia

Because this is a taroc deck we see a sword, but must make an assumption that fair scales are in the other hand. Perhaps she is just hanging a few dainties out to dry.

I'm reminded by this card it is important to do personal fact checks. Just because I say something it isn't necessarily so. Justice without her scales is just another sword card.

"When you I tell a lie, you I steal someone’s right to the truth." ~ Khaled Hosseini 1965-   The Kite Runner

8 comments:

  1. That is the downside of the media and the internet - so much misinformation that many people don't bother to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The truths as we know it are different from others; a lot of our truths are hereditary things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of those truths we should weigh them out to see if there is balance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of the CRAAP test for evaluating internet sources

    http://libguides.library.ncat.edu/content.php?pid=53820&sid=394505

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A librarian friend put me on to that this week. Not sure my posts always meet the standard though :D

      Delete
  5. Agree with Bev. When you do research online you have to be careful and compare different sources. Not everything that is written it true

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was referring to fact checking myself. I can tell myself something long enough to think it the truth.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn