Pages

Friday, October 28, 2016

Life Shore

Daily Draw: Animals Divine Tarot ~ Queen of Cups

Comfortable in her own company. I've known women who couldn't stand being home alone. I know it isn't my concern, we are who we are but it does make me sad, I love being home, that is the main reason I love being retired.

I'm reminded by this card there are many things that can't be trained into or out of us. I grateful this comfortable with myself shore is where I washed up long ago.

"I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore. . . .
I hear it in the deep heart's core." ~ William Butler Yeats 1865-1939

5 comments:

  1. I also wonder about people who don't like their own company and don't find home a refuge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe home never was a refuge? I can stay in my quilt room for 12 hours and not realize the time has gone by, but not everyone has a time consuming passion either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The theory of flow - I can't spell out the name of the guy who thought it up. When the task is challenging but not impossible and is personally interesting. Hours pass like seconds. I have often tried to explain the difference between solitude and loneliness to others. Maybe I am weird for being so happy working on something in my own company.

      Delete
  3. I don't think we are weird, these days the not comfortable in their own skin folks are perhaps using social media all day instead of racing out of the house? I'd not thought of it being lonely, good catch. Rob and I have spent 3/4 of our marriage apart, I'd be lonesome for him but not lonely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me that's the best, a great husband who lets me be me and get on with my own nonsense. Rob sounds like a wonderful guy.

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn