Monday, October 24, 2016

Mental Challenge

Daily Draw: Animals Divine Tarot ~ 5 of Cups/crocodile

 I think crocs are amazing creatures, surviving and in many cases thriving from back beyond time, with a current life span of 70-100 years. I'm having trouble focusing on this card and it's intended negativity so instead I've just had a whip round of favorite blogs.

I'm reminded by this card negativity is a mind set. I've gotten way past that, but it makes me wonder if grief is also a mindset I can't seem to think my way out of. A good mental challenge for today.

"Crocodiles are easy. They try to kill and eat you. People are harder. Sometimes they pretend to be your friend first." ~ Steve Irwin 1962-2006



4 comments:

  1. Negativity is my opinion a mindset and grief is an essential process; I don't see any negativity in genuine grief

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Steve. Grief is a tough one; maybe build on the good memories instead of the loss itself? My MIL's birthday is coming up next month. We will be wading through the swamp then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more people we lose the bigger the swamp becomes

      Delete
  3. Reminds me of my dads comments on 'crocodile tears' (he was very stiff upper lip) annoying but I wish he was still here to say it.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn