Pages

Friday, October 21, 2016

Thunderous Silence

Daily Draw: Animal Totem Tarot ~ 8 of Cups/Salmon

The book indicates a quest.  I live in salmon country and its quest upstream in the third year of its life always results in red death. I'm not moved to be that questy. But trying to figure out how this salmon reflects in my life today, I'm reminded  of my annual learn something new efforts.

With forethought rather than whim, I spent three years on the stock market. followed by quilling and paper embroidery. Followed by Tarot, Blogging, Yoga, Nursing, Astrology, Runes, History of Australia, MesoAmerica, Encaustic art, Archaeology via Brown University, Treadle sewing machine, Thoth, Sacred Geometry. Some resulted in epic failure but all were savored.

My brain lost traction and I skipped 2015 and 2016 but 2017 will be back on schedule. The chosen subject, geology of course! Through the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign via Coursera.
This nation offers its residents exceeding valuable gifts, acknowledged with thunderous silence.

8 comments:

  1. Why Geology, of course? Well whatever.. your quest at the time is, all that thirst for knowledge brings you 'Salmon' wisdom. May your quest endure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. because the subject fascinates me. I've mentioned it lots of time when traveling. I'm always stuffing rocks into the vehicle. your addition to the collection is right here on my naturescape table.

      Delete
    2. I love rocks but never thought to take a course on geology. Something to keep in mind.

      Delete
  2. We've never met in person but is your head not becoming top heavy??? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. light as air. every day I have to relearn simple life basics. Pitiful.

      Delete
  3. How cool. :) I can't wait until I reach 'a certain age' and can take the college courses offered here for free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the coursera courses are free unless you want a certificate.

      Delete
    2. Wow Sharyn what a gift you have given here!!! I have just signed up for 'sexing the canvas' art and gender which connects to my research work on visual representations of women leaders. THANK YOU. And there's loads of coursera materials that will help with my teaching.

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn