Saturday, October 1, 2016

Tough Love

Daily Draw: Llewellyn Tarot ~ 3 of Swords

One of the toughest things we ever had to do.

Leaving someone you love on the street to live or die is no small decision. Sticking to it is even harder. In our case it worked but it took years, not weeks. I love my little brother and the new life he has built for himself. The memory of how he lived and laid still sears my heart for all those left behind.

"I find as I grow older that I love those most whom I loved first." ~ Thomas Jefferson 1742-1826

4 comments:

  1. Was he able to get clean and sober? Addicts and alcoholics can leave scorched lives that rival Sherman's March.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hardest lesson was "drunks lie, addicts lie". I had to hear to recognize it.

      Delete
  2. Those memories are hard on us; we get to be our own worst critic. "I could/should have done more."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually, I should have done less. Tough Love works two ways, someone has to stop enabling, whether we think we are or not

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn