Pages

Monday, November 21, 2016

Absinthe vs Water

Daily Draw: Victorian Fairy Tarot ~ Temperance

Absinthe. I actually did the bulk volume of my drinking before I achieved legal drinking age. Crazy. What a mess I was. No temperance at all. But long ago I decided if I was taking in calories I wanted to chew them not knock 'em back.

All that said to say, I was in a licensed liquor store a few years ago with a friend and was gobstopped at the selections that probably weren't even invented when I was drinking. All the old suspects, Rum, Whiskey, Vodka, now come in a myriad of flavors and they all sounded good.  I could have been tempted...if I could chew them...

"Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring." ~ Alfred Jarry 1873-1907

3 comments:

  1. My SIL was talking about a "strawberita" the other day (a strawberry flavored concoction). My BIL was talking about a chocolate flavored wine that they were trying to market (ack). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. akk, gagmewithaspoon...I drink mugs of hot water through the day and nothing after about 4PM :)

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn