Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Degree Of Wealth

Daily Draw: Victorian Fairy Tarot ~ 5 of Coins/Autumn

No matter what we have or need, someone else will have more or a greater need.

I'm reminded by this card it may be hard to be rich; there is a whole world of having and need we can't even contemplate.

"A dark little tale about a man who found a magic cup and learned that if he wept into the cup, his tears turned into pearls. But even though he had always been poor, he was a happy man and rarely shed a tear. So he found ways to make himself sad so that his tears could make him rich." ~ Khaled Hosseini  1964-  The Kite Runner

6 comments:

  1. I love that quote. I wonder if sometimes we don't put ourselves in harms way because we accept that it is okay to be okay. Needs vs Wants,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the end is he is on a mountain of pearls, weeping copiously, holding the body of his murdered? wife.

      I was just out doing animal chores, and the froggy with two sticks winked at me when I went by

      Delete
    2. My you are an enchantress. Getting all those winks!

      Delete
    3. More likely folk who can't believe their eyes but go ahead and close one because maybe it is just a figment.

      Delete
  2. I think there are people who have rarely known what it is to truly be in need of the basic necessities. For them, it can be easy to dismiss those who do have real needs as people who just don't try hard enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah yes, like Mr. Trump to Mr. McCain. Or me to my little brother. I hate my judgemental trait more than any other.

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn