Thursday, November 17, 2016

Degrees Of Shelter

Daily Draw: Victorian Fairy Tarot ~ 4 of Swords/Winter

Caught in a storm, he has tucked in tight among the roots and pulled his wings around him. Small comfort but better than in the open on a sheet of ice.

Maybe family are staying over and all the kids get blankets on the floor. Or he has flounced out of the house and cut his nose off to spite his face. Or he is lost. Or addictions have put him on the road. Or he is alone and homeless, there is a lot of that going around. Everywhere. I can barely imagine how bad it must be at home, for someone to leave it. I'm grateful for all my shelters over the years. And I say "hello house" coming in and "thank you house" when I leave. On the other hand, Rob left home for good at thirteen...

"As day is to a sword, night is to a shield." ~  Anthony Liccione

3 comments:

  1. Be it ever so humble, there is no place like home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is a powerful post. All the things going on for someone and never spoken about why they arrive or leave. One thing my dad used to say 'come off down that cross and come up to the house' I think he nicked it fromTom Waits. I am grateful for my home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it plays here as 'get off the cross we need the wood'

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn