Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Get Cracking

Daily Draw: Moon Oracle ~ Impulse

I am ruthlessly divesting quilting tools I can't use anymore, or don't use anymore, from my quilt room.  This is a good thing, I'm even ahead of my plan, nearly finished with the task already. The last most difficult part is the two shelving units over the sewing machine. I took a basket of things to the Goodwill drop off yesterday. Just so I wouldn't put it all back.

I'm reminded by this card of impulsiveness it isn't all pain. I like working in a well ordered space. In an A-frame house even ordered can appear to be cluttered because alternatives to cupboards and drawers need to be created. I want my pink flamingos back. Sigh. I know myself so well. Better gone.

"Be steady and well-ordered in your life so that you can be fierce and original in your work." ~ Gustave Flaubert 1821-1880

6 comments:

  1. I had a pair of pink flamingos years ago, someone nabbed them. When I moved a few years later I bought another pair and I am guessing they flew off to join the pair that went missing...the old birds of a feather thingy. I too am lightening my home of artifacts once held dear but have decided they need a new home, so off they go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the tacky big pink flamingo originated in a Massachusetts factory. For some time in the 90's traveling flocks would just pop up overnight :)

      Delete
  2. Go get the flamingos! Everyone needs a few excesses and luxuries. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. remembered I had a flamingo in a tutu guarding the postage scale.
      So she is upstairs lording herself over the quilt domain..getting a bit of the stink eye because there is a birthday teddy there too. Life is hard, we take what we get. Sort of.

      Delete
    2. Unlike my cluttered home my office quite austere. I may invest in a flamingo - didn't realise I needed one till now :)

      Delete
    3. what we need and what we want are often poles apart. But a small Beanie-type flamingo wouldn't go amiss in your office, reminding you to lighten up :)

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn