Sunday, November 13, 2016

Hermitude

Daily Draw: Victorian Fairy Oracle ~ Hermit

I've never seen the Hermit portrayed as a wise man, only as a lone seeker of understanding.

I'm reminded by this card, even the highest mensa member would not flourish in solitude. I guard my quiet time zealously but I know better than to dwell here too long. I stepped outside my hermitude and went to a living with cancer seminar yesterday, and learned or was reminded of many important things. My oncologist was the keynote speaker.  It was quite refreshing to speak with him while not wearing a johnnie, the classic peek-and-shriek one size fits no one gown.

"How else do you learn anything, how else do you take your mind for a walk?" ~ Stephen Fry 1957-

3 comments:

  1. You have another owl messenger. Wise of you to get out and about. We all need to give ourselves a break from our own company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought that the purpose of the hermit was (at some point) to share/teach what was learned. That way he could learn patience. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Living in a tree house looks good and wise to me right now. I cannot teach a thing if I have no time to read and prepare. The colours in that card - blue and gold are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn