Pages

Monday, November 7, 2016

Oak Creek Canyon

Daily Draw: Sacred Geometry Cards ~ Faces of Angkor

Is particular space sacred before people come, or does the use of the space make it sacred? Or is all space sacred and we are so jaded we seldom notice or open to its power ?

I'm reminded by this card of Oak Creek Canyon near Sedona Arizona. I was traveling with a medicine woman from the Cherokee blue clan. We were driving around goggling as tourists when she said "Stop!", jumped out of the car and disappeared into the woods. I pulled out my busy bag and sat in the sun working on a quilt block. Then the hair on the back of my neck began to rise followed by the hair on my head. That was sign enough for me so I put my block away and walked the area with respectful intent.  Twenty years later I can still mentally put myself instantly in that place. And that is everything I know about nature's sacred spaces.

"Your sacred space is where you can find yourself again and again." ~ Joseph Campbell  1904-1987

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing a Sacred Space moment you had. What an incredible experience that must have been, that you can instantly recall the memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some spine tingling travel stories. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I clicked publish before I had finished. If the purpose of travel stories is to encourage others to visit also you have succeeded!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to think all natural space is sacred, and humans make sacred what they build. Only takes one instance like your story to make someone question whether "real" means I can see it or if it means I can experience it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn