Friday, November 25, 2016

Pinned In Opinion

Daily Draw: Victorian Fairy Tarot ~ 8 of Swords/Winter

The author says this portrays a maid beset by rambunctious children. And is unable to chastise them for fear of losing her employment. Pinned in by circumstances.

I'm reminded by this card perhaps my opinion is pinned in. By forty years of books and movies. As I understand it, victorians of wealth basically saw their children to say goodnight. Nanny had control of their behavior and the children were expected to behave like mini-adults. What to believe, what to believe...

"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." ~ Albert Einstein 1879-1955

4 comments:

  1. She needs to add melatonin to their porridge and serve them chamomile tea. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom, at the age of 17 took care of the little child of her employer. The woman was unpleasantly surprised when the child preferred my mother over her when it felt sad. "but I am his mother" she yelled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read lots of fairy tales when I was young, and still do to this day. I am not Al Einstein, but do love a good story

    ReplyDelete
  4. did any of your fairy tale books have a scent? It may have been something to do with the school library, but that Brothers Grimm book smell will stay in my smell memory forever. Wasn't bad, just different. Blue Beard. ooOooo scary. And Billy Goat Gruff. Don't believe I've ever walked across a bridge on purpose!!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn