Sunday, November 20, 2016

Seasonal Beverages

Daily Draw: Victorian Fairy Tarot ~ Seven of Coins/Autumn

Who knew fairy folk have seasonal beverages? Primrose cordial, honey mead, currant wine, and icy distillations of berries. The small creatures who populate the Redwall series also create and lay aside a cellar full of liquid gifts from nature.

I'm reminded by this card of laying up provisions for later, one of my favorite things is having something specific to look forward to. Today? A lady is coming to buy some of my quilt room tools I can no longer use. She is buying them outright, but I told her I'd much rather barter for cotton scraps.  Maybe she will bringing some!

"This is a work of fiction. All the characters in it, human and otherwise, are imaginary, excepting only certain of the fairy folk, whom it might be unwise to offend by casting doubts on their existence. Or lack thereof."  ~ Neil Gaiman 1960-



2 comments:

  1. I'm curious about what you think of this deck. I bought it thinking I would probably hate it, but ended up finding it a joy to read with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, the idea of fairy is pretty much outside my realm of understanding. But it is absolutely lovely. Same with the Green Witch. I bought it for blogger fodder but it is a favorite now.

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn