Saturday, November 19, 2016

Snoozing

Daily Draw: Victorian Fairy Tarot ~ Page/Herald of Swords/Winter

This Herald announces the seasonal divide of autumn and winter, coins and swords, flush and skint. Can we begin to appreciate the difference?

I'm reminded by this Herald At least 46% of US debt is held by foreign governments, China and Japan each hold about 8% of our trillions of debt. Does it mean our social security checks, medicare and medicaid payments, federal employee paychecks, every swipe of low income EBT cards, the billions spent on wars, is not paid from our taxes and withholdings? Oops. Winter is upon us and we snooze on.

"Ignorance is not bliss, it is oblivion." ~  Philip Wylie 1902-1971

4 comments:

  1. ignorance is bliss in lots of cases. We have turned towards winter here, today so your Page is keeping us in the 'know.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I see snow blowing in the midlands. I'm worrying I won't get two dry days so I can get the lawn mowed :)

      Delete
  2. I can understand the frustration of the Trump supporters (though not necessarily their solution!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. this isn't a political post, we didn't get here overnight, just what this card and the mad monkey mind is worrying about at the moment. The next vote to keep government solvent will be upon us soon. Our debt is really an insurmountable problem at this point.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn