Pages

Friday, December 2, 2016

Escalator

Daily Draw: Thoth Tarot ~ 9 of Wands

Thoth Wands are the come on baby light my fire carriers. With the nine we need to reach and grasp a victory rather than late and tired, drawing back to the six.

This year I chose Adapt as my 2016 word. I've found a workaround for many of my vision problems and I'd call 2016 a 9 of Wands/Strength success. A freebie was discovering the disease moves slowly so my early blind panic was premature. My newest discovery? I took an escalator up and down Wednesday, a first in years. Depth perception and movement = crash and burn.  It's ok, lesson learned, Adapt and move on.

"There was a power outage at a department store yesterday. Twenty people were trapped on the escalators." ~ Stephen Wright 1955-

8 comments:

  1. I think in adapting and testing the waters, you have also become quite a courageous woman (in my book anyway). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what is the alternative to courage and moving on? Suicide, deliberate or figurative...not going there, there are still lots of new words to learn.

      Delete
  2. I salute you my dear friend for you brave determination to keep going although life can be a pain in the ass sometimes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding! As I told Rob awhile back, I'm tired of being the interesting one. Not that I'd wish so much as a horse fly bite on him

      Delete
  3. Adapt, a very good word. I have done quite a lot of that in the last few years. I think with current world events it is something everyone is going to have to figure out; how to adapt in these changing times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say and think I'm ready for whatever whenever, but right now I wish I could put my money in a sock and hide under the bed with it. America is in for a strange ride. Since we've been adapting we should be able to roll with the punches, but I really don't want to live in the dark. I was looking at our photos this morning, what a fun visit.

      Delete
    2. I don't want to live in the dark either, but I think the old adage of the 'darkest before dawn' hints to that possibility.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad to hear your vision problems will be slow going. Hoping it's "really" slow.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn