Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Example

Daily Draw: Thoth Tarot ~ 3 of Cups

"The fulfilment of the will to love." I grew up in a home filled with love. A neighborhood and extended family, all showing and giving love, leading by example. Loving came natural to me, and is probably the reason I love getting and giving hugs.

I'm reminded by this card Rob grew up in a home where his mother thought showing affection was spoiling. And a father who taught with his hand, board, fence post, whatever came to be handy to hit with. They reared by their own parents example. He was placed in foster care time and time again, until he left home at thirteen. The man I married treated me with generosity consideration and care. But it was some years before he fell in love with me. He had to learn by example. It was worth every minute of waiting.

"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." ~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr. 1940-

4 comments:

  1. Lovely. Hope, when nurtured, springs eternal. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me think of abused and neglected animals; sometimes it takes a lot of patience and love, but they're worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this personal part of you life. I am quite sure you were an awesome teacher :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost didn't, I let it sit in drafts for awhile. On the other hand there is nothing there that hasn't already be shared here in one form or another. I think mostly we humans are optimistic in love, and jump ship when we find how much work it is.

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn