Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Freedom or a Pen?

Daily Draw: Wisdom of the Oracle Deck ~ By The Book

Who knew? There are seven Universal Laws. Dating back to the ancients. Where have I been? Some of them sound hinky to me.

Further research reveals there are twelve Universal Laws. Or if they are to be believed, twenty Universal Laws. And then we have the Pirate's Code to belly up to. My inner conspiracist says can we say old  men with white hair penning us in at more avenues of free thinking?

"And secondly, you must be a pirate for the pirate's code to apply and you're not. And thirdly, the code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules." ~  Captain Barbossa  The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)

4 comments:

  1. Going to email you a synopsis of John M. Greer's version of the Seven Natural Laws. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I knew you'd have something better that "law of attraction' re money, first up.

      Delete
  2. My book is my conscience, which works fine for me. Of course it is culturally influenced but I don't feel restricted by it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and let's not forget the Moral Codes they throw at us.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn