Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Gotta Love History

Daily Draw: Wisdom of the Four Winds ~ Antares/Knowledge

The tale that goes with this card is about our need for knowledge to survive, but also what our attitude does to that knowledge.

I'm fearful for my country. So I'm trying to fight that fear with knowledge. Our system kept ticking along after Kennedy's death, Ford's multiple assassination attempts, Nixon's drawn out convoluted behavior and impeachment, And can't forget Cheney who actually shot his friend while in office. Clinton's impeachment hearings. And Spiro Agnew's resignation if you don't think Cheney was bad enough. Oh but Spiro. So many new words, so little time to say them all. And Martha Mitchell, bless her little blabby heart.
Hey. The 70's were kind of fun. And we survived. I feel better already. Gotta love history.

 "I had had enough. I had endured the didactic inadequacies of the garrulous in silence."~ Spiro Agnew 1918-1996

9 comments:

  1. "All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just excited! :) What the heck does my worry and concern avail the world. Nothing. Have a great afternoon, tomorrow, life!

      Delete
  2. That actually is an encouraging thought. We've probably had more con men, arrogant asses, and ignoramuses in the White House than good, decent folks, yet it is still standing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel quite chirpy! I'm getting a bowl of popcorn and enjoy the show. :) I also completely stripped my facebook account today and closed it. I spend so little time there anyway, but someone hacked my account and is sending money requests or an offer of money to the 49 people I had as friends. Pfoottooie. Life is short.

      Delete
  3. During the summer months Antares, Saturn, and Mars formed a Grand Triangle in the sky for months. It was lovely to view in the night sky. I often wondered what others out in our galaxy think of the grand mess of things on this planet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the only thing I've ever been able to recognize is the big dipper. Even though the moon itself is just a nimbus to me now, I can still see the stars. Life is good.

      Delete
    2. Life is good. I took your suggestion painted a rock and went down to river and threw my worries away. I too am feeling pretty chipper and a bowl of popcorn sounds like a very good choice.

      Delete
    3. when I finally choose my 2017 word I'd love it if you would make me a new rock/jewel.

      Delete
    4. Absolutely. By then I will have quit burping frog bits. Wouldn't want any of that flying about and landing on your stone. yucky

      Delete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn