Pages

Friday, December 16, 2016

Life In A Pen

Daily Draw: Wisdom of the Four Winds ~ Whale/Attunement

In end-of-world books there isn't a reliable food source because no one is left to plant or harvest. In science fiction there are more people than traditional methods of sustenance can support. A recent book had electronic ocean curtains around the world to keep whales safe on their migration and to herd them into harvest ponds. Like pigs, there isn't much waste in a whale.

I'm reminded by this card of our own migration birth to death. I know people who have never left the county we were born in and have had only one job, the same job their dad or mom had. I think about them sometimes when I get a wild hair to do or go differently. What triggers in me that doesn't in them? If I produced a life migration map, mental and physical, would there be a pattern? Red blooms where I went sideways, green blooms for up, and brackish brown blooms for down? And will whales or humans ever accept life in a pen?

"I didn't know where it would lead. I wanted things to develop naturally." ~ Earl Lovelace 1935-

5 comments:

  1. I can't imagine living my whole life like that, although nowadays my physical migrations are more local than they used to be: Greece, Denmark, Germany, Italy, France....I used to love to travel. My mental migrations are making up for that now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all seem happy, you can't miss what you don't know. For me, what little traveling I've been able to do has broadened my mental horizons, and I can expand on them from home. If you want McDonalds every where you go, why go?

      Delete
  2. That is a fabulous analogy of a life. Yours, I think has been well lived. Here's to many more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if we are not in the Matrix now, so we may all be penned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never traveled out of this country or even been in an airplane. But hey, I'm not dead yet. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn